Jaxon and Hayden's Medical Story

Friday, February 20, 2009

Home Sweet Home...pics of what it looks like with our stuff inside

The living room


Hayden wanted me to take a picture of his bed, so here it is! Thanks grandma, grandpa and uncle Don for the boy's bedding!
I know this is boring, but I am proud of the boy's shades. I made them, which is pretty big for me! They are the paper ready shades that you just stick up and cut to the width that you need. They cost $5, then I used spray adhesive and put fabric on there to match. It worked out pretty good and was cheap! We will use these in a few rooms until we can get good ones in all. It works and it brightens up the rooms till we paint!
Upstairs bathroom

A couple of pics of our room with our king size bed! We didn't think it would fit, but it worked great. It is nice to have a king size, we got the bed from a few different places. My mom and dad gave us the mattress, we got the box springs from a sale at the Best Western, for $20 dollars and bought the frame! More room is good!!

Guest room, now Britt doesn't have to sleep on the couch!
Here is Jaxon and Jonah's room, they love their sports stuff!
I did the paper shade on this window too, it turned out really good!
Boy's bathroom
Here is our messy family room! The boys can at least play and watch movies now, but there is still a lot to be done.
We made it, we are here! I never thought it would come but, we have been here for almost a week. Last week was totally insane, but with lots of help we got moved on Sat. It was crazy how much we had accumulated at Mom and Dad's, it took 2 pick-up truck loads along with our car and dad's full! We had borrowed a friends truck for the weekend, otherwise we would have made many more trips! The boys did great the first night, they all stayed in their beds and slept good! That is a pretty big accomplishment because they have been sleeping by one of us for the last 6 months. We talked about it a lot and they had their new bedding so it was fun for them. Jaxon seemed the most excited about the move. We thought we would have to go into Fergus on Sunday, because we forgot Jaxon's shots, and Jaxon really didn't want to go. Thankfully grandpa met me in Dalton with a few things so we could just stay put! We worked the next few days just to make it livable, and by Monday it looked pretty good. We found most of our clothes and the boys were loving all their toys that they hadn't seen in 6 months! The boys had school on Tuesday, and it was so much fun to have that extra time with them in the morning. After Jeremy goes to school we have devotions and just hang out and talk. I love it!!
So now we start the huge process of going through all of our stuff, which there is way too much! But we will get through it all eventually. We are all really excited to be here and I think it will be really helpful for the boys and Jeremy. All we need now is to sell our house in Wheaton. That is a huge prayer request!


3 comments :

CJ Olson said...

I love, love your new house!! It's awesome! I love the shades....what a neat idea! I had to complicate your weekend by forcing you to get pictures together!! Glad that your house is coming together and that you have your internet up and running!! Hope you are doing well!!

Anonymous said...

The new house looks so great Andrea!! Very homey and inviting. I'm so happy for you guys! And I've never heard of those shades that you made...very cool! :)
Eva

Anonymous said...

I love seeing your pics! Love hearing about your family! House looks awesome!