Jaxon and Hayden's Medical Story

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Wonderful Surprise!!


I guess I have to blog about my 30th Birthday, not because I am so excited to turn 30 (because I'm not!!), but I got a huge surprise, a couple of days later! My mom had told me, a few days before, that I had to leave the Friday after my birthday open. I needed to be at her house by 11am, and here is who I saw....a great group of my friends, and a wonderful spread for brunch! Jess Hansen, Suzy Heikes, Christine Lawson, and Lynae Rush were there to surprise me. My mom had a cheese and crackers plate, and sparking apple cider, as a starter. Then the doorbell rang, and she told me I should answer it, because we were waiting for 1 more person. I had no idea who else she could have invited........


I kinda looked out the little window of the door and thought I saw Jess Levang, but told my self "no way"!! Well my first instinct was right, it was JESS LEVANG!! I totally freaked.....I think I actually ran away at first, screaming! Then I ran and got a huge hug, it was so much fun to see her! My mom and dad flew her here for my birthday. My mom actually got me, which doesn't happen very often! Plus, Jess got to surprise all her family too! Her mom was shocked, and her sister-in-law, and brother-in-law, got Brian and Renae (her brother and sister) to town, for the surprise! It was fun to hear about those surprises too!

She has lived out in Seattle for the last couple of years, and so, that was one of the last people, I would have thought it was. Whoever doesn't know who Jess Levang is, she has been my best friend since I moved here, the summer before our 7th grade year. That is 17 years, a long time! She was my maid of honor, in my wedding, and has been through everything with me! No matter how far away we live from each other, or how long it has been, since we have talked last, we have always been able to pick up right where we left off!!


After I got over the shock, we sat down for an incredible brunch. It consisted of 2 different kinds of rolls, a sausage egg bake, a ham and swiss cheese egg roll, and fruit. It was all so good, and as you can see, the table was set beautifully, with fall colors!


We all kept saying, how much fun it was to have an adult party. Since most of us are mom's, we don't get that very often! We just sat around the table after, with coffee and visited. Then we moved out to the comfy chairs. We had such a great time, and I got lots of great presents too! I also got to meet Christine's new little Isabelle, and hold her lots, which was special too! It was a great morning and afternoon, we had so much fun catching up! Jess was able to stay around the rest of the afternoon, just relaxing, and drinking more coffee with me!


Mom & Dad, I don't know how to thank you, for the great surprise! Mom, thanks for all your hard work, in getting the brunch ready, and taking care of Hayden! I loved it, and still get excited, every time I remember it! You made me feel so special, and so loved!!
Thanks to all the ladies, who took the time out of their busy schedules, to come. It really made my b-day extra special! I had so much fun seeing, and hanging out with you!
Jess, thanks for working it out to get out here, for my birthday, you made my day so wonderful! I miss you tons already!

6 comments :

Candis Berge said...

It was so fun to see the pictures and see your surprise at seeing Jess! Friendship is such a gift and you two are so fortunate to have such a strong and long lasting friendship! Happy Birthday and welcome to the next decade - I promise you, in ten years 30 won't look so bad!!

CJ Olson said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! I'm glad that you had a very special 30th birthday (even though you didn't want to turn 30) We love you and are glad to have you in our family!! Glad you had a fun and special day!!

Colorado musings said...

Andrea,
It was great to see your pictures. Happy 30th birthday. (Mine comes next summer!!). It was great to see Jess and Jess in your pictures also.
One of these days I will have to try to get back to Fergus!!

Brooke said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

What a wonderful time! I hope that you enjoyed your special birthday surprises!!

Angie said...

How fun!! You have an amazing mom and friends! Happy birthday!

Angie N.

Anonymous said...

What a great surprise! How sweet of Judy to plan all of that for you! Happy 30th Birthday! :) Love ya cuz!
Eva