Jaxon and Hayden's Medical Story

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A good day!!!

Jaxon me up this morning already showered....it's good day!
Since Thursday, he has been waking up on and off, during the night and early morning, unable to move and pretty miserable. But you could tell in his face this morning, he was feeling better. His cheeks weren't red, he was smiling, and he didn't have a fever! It's a great day!
Yesterday, when we were trying to get him to try school, I said that if he felt icky today, but still wanted to go on the field trip, he wouldn't be able to. He actually said that he couldn't go, because he would hurt too much! You know he doesn't feel good then, he has been so excited for this trip.
That's what's so crazy about this disease, one day(or days) you could be unable to walk, then the next you are almost a normal little boy. It's got to be a little confusing for him, I know it is for Jeremy and I. We wake up every morning wondering what Jaxon will be feeling like today? I need to get better at waking up and thanking God for whatever the day brings, instead of being anxious. God has given us so much, and most of the time I try to go through the day on my own strength. Why??? It takes a bit, to just give it to Him....that makes it harder, I shouldn't hesitate! It amazes me how He is always there, even when you try to do it on your own, and don't rely on Him! Thank you all for the prayers and encouragement! I was pretty nervous these last few days and feeling low, I know Jaxon was feeling the same. But those prayers always lift us, I feel it often!

We did go to the Dr. about his hernia, yesterday. He does have one and will have to have surgery soon. She thought we could wait until summer though. She didn't seem too worried about all the meds he is on either, which was a relief! He will just have to be monitored a little bit more. So that was all good news, but we still don't know why it is hurting to go to the bathroom. We can get that figured out on Friday with Dr. Mason.

Thanks again for praying!

No comments :