Jaxon and Hayden's Medical Story

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Another trip to Rochester

We just got it all confirmed and ready to go on Thursday...We are headed down to Rochester for a round of neurology appointments, and procedures tomorrow afternoon. We are going to try and beat the BLIZZARD warnings and leave after school as of right now. We might have to leave a little earlier if the weather starts misbehaving and moving in earlier. We just seem to always attract the weather one way or the other, but at least this time Jeremy is going with and will be driving :)
Jaxon has an early start on Tuesday morning with an EEG @ 7:15am. He has to go to bed late and wake up early, so he is good and tired. Then at 10am we meet with his neurologist, lastly we have his spinal tap at 1pm. He will have to have this spinal tap without sedation, which won't be too fun but I know that he can do it! They want him to have the clearest reading and I guess that some of the sedation meds can interfere with the tap.
The next morning we meet with his neurologist again, to go over the test results and then we will be able to head home. So we are hoping to get home before the other 2 boys are done with school, but we will have to see how it goes.
This kinda came up out of the blue again, so I just haven't had time to get a post up. I took the day off of "Mom duty" yesterday and spent the day watching a HIT basketball game, hanging out with my mom, and having a wonderful cup of coffee,and long overdue chat with my cousin Ryan (next door to Mom and Dad's). It was good to just get away and not have to think about Rochester, or anything else for a few hours. Of course the boys face timed me a bunch of times, but that is always fun! They love to face time when I am gone, and I am SO thankful for that technology, especially when it comes to Jonah...he always gets left behind and will talk for hours on face time :)
My Mom and Dad are going to come here and stay with the boys so that they can be in school, which is awesome! Hopefully they will be able to get back and forth for work with this weather!
Again, THANKS to ALL of you who have been thinking and praying for us and Jaxon, it means the world to us! I will post when I can as the day goes on...

No comments :